Old fashioned squash casserole
Stumped for dinner? Get our life-saving Dinner Daily newsletter. You (and your stomach) can thank us later!
1 view more photos
Top Review bygwynn Wonderful squash recipe. Thanks for posting.
See All Reviews
Make a Tweak Ask a Question
1 recipe photo
- 3 lbs yellow squash
- 1⁄2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cracker meal or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and cut up squash and roughly chop the onion. Boil until tender, approximately 10 minutes. Drain VERY thoroughly, then mash.
- Add all ingredients except half of butter and crumbs, to squash. Melt remaining butter.
- Pour mixture in baking dish, then spread melted butter over top and sprinkle with cracker meal or bread crumbs.
- Bake in 375°F oven for approximately 30 to 45minutes, or until brown on top.
- You might add a few sprinkles of nutmeg to the mixture before pouring into the casserole.
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6Calories 137.2 Calories from Fat 88 65% Total Fat 9.9 g 15% Saturated Fat 5.5 g 27% Cholesterol 82.3 mg 27% Sodium 505.1 mg 21% Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g 3% Dietary Fiber 1.9 g 7% Sugars 6.7 g 26% Protein 4.3 g 8%
Like what you see here?
Add to collection
Whoops! There are no results for your search. Please modify your search and try again.